Become a Team Building Facilitator!
Love Your Job
Interested in working with teams of all ages, helping them reach their full potential, all while spending your summer in the great outdoors? Lake Geneva Ziplines & Adventures is accepting Team Building Facilitator applications for our upcoming season! We are looking for upbeat, positive and hardworking individuals to join our team.
“Easily the most fun job I’ve ever had.
Wally (Current Guide)
This position is responsible for ensuring the safety and exceptional experience of team building (youth and adult) programs. Team building facilitators are responsible for, but not limited
to, the following essential duties:
- Design and deliver progression of team building initiatives and low ropes elements that meet
the interests and predetermined goals of youth and adult program participants.
- Customize program progressions based on the unique needs (physical, emotional, social) of
- Implement predesigned program content as requested by client groups.
- Demonstrate and teach safe use of low ropes elements (spotting, safety commands) and
provide appropriate risk management oversight of participants while utilizing elements.
- Lead participants through appropriate and effective reflection and debrief discussions and assist
groups in the transfer of learning to their school, workplace, etc.
- Work with a wide variety of client populations.
Must complete and pass required site-specific team building facilitation training provided by the company. A minimum of two years of experience with education or team building is preferred. Shadowing and on the job training is available.
This person must be able to communicate effectively with both adults and children in both group and individual settings. Must be able to handle stressful situations calmly and effectively. This person must be able to handle various tasks in a creative and motivated manner. Must have a great attention to detail to ensure safety and overall positive guest experience. This person must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Other Job Details
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Prior work experience with outdoor education/recreation, team building, ropes courses, athletics, camp counselor, or teaching a plus.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, guests and the general public.
Candidates must have the physical capability to maneuver themselves as well as assist and accommodate participants of various sizes throughout the property, including the Low Ropes Course.
- Must be able to walk, stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours.
- Must be able to hike, climb and work at various heights and altitudes.
- Requires visual activity and the ability to hear clearly in an outdoor environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Each facilitator is required to work in a fast paced, physical, social, professional and team-oriented work environment. Most of the work is conducted outdoors in climates from 0 degrees Fahrenheit to 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
Employees may not arrive on duty under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Because this position is a safety sensitive position, employees will be subject to random alcohol and drug testing if it is suspected that an employee is at work under the influence of alcohol or drugs (including misuse of prescription medications).
How to Apply
Interested parties should submit their resume and cover letter to Dana Johnson, Team Building Manager for Lake Geneva Ziplines & Adventures at [email protected] OR, apply with our online form today! Just click Apply Now below.