Become a Zipline Tour Guide!
Love Your Job
Interested in spending your summer zipping through the vast Wisconsin forest? Lake Geneva Ziplines & Adventures is accepting tour guide applications for our upcoming season! We are looking for upbeat, positive and hardworking individuals to join our team.
“Easily the most fun job I’ve ever had.
Wally (Current Guide)
This position is responsible for ensuring the safety and exceptional experience of all zip line tour participants. The Zip Line Guide is responsible for, but not limited to, the following essential duties:
- Daily opening and closing procedures of the zip line course.
- Conduct inspections of all course components and gear.
- Fit harnesses and helmets correctly and supervise the use of all safety equipment.
- Conduct pre-tour safety orientation for each tour group.
- Demonstrate proper riding techniques.
- Perform proper safety checks while following a series of critical safety protocols and methods.
- Perform course retrievals and rescues.
- Assure the safety and wellbeing of each participant throughout each tour.
- Use customer engagement skills to ensure a memorable experience for each participant.
- Assist with course maintenance efforts.
- Attend required meetings and trainings
Must complete and pass required site-specific zip line safety training course by the company. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Also, this person needs to be able to work comfortably at heights.
This person must be able to communicate effectively with both adults and children in both group and individual settings. Must be able to handle stressful situations calmly and effectively. This person must be able to handle various tasks in a creative and motivated manner. Must have a great attention to detail to ensure safety and overall positive guest experience. This person must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Other Job Details
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Prior experience with outdoor recreation, athletics, educational roles and/or zip lining a plus
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, guests and the general public.
Candidates must have the physical capability to maneuver themselves as well as assist and accommodate participants of various sizes throughout the course, including rescue scenarios.
- Must be able to walk, stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours.
- Must be able to hike, climb and work at various heights and altitudes.
- Must have full range of overhead arm motions and full hand dexterity.
- Requires visual activity and the ability to hear clearly in an outdoor environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds on a regular and continuous basis.
- Must have a strong upper body to pull self and be able to pull and push participants weighing up to 250 pounds along each cable and platforms incline.
- Must be able to effectively decrease the speed of and stop participants of various weights and speeds as they approach all incoming platforms.
- Must be able to bend, twist, stoop, squat, stretch, push and pull on a regular and continuous basis.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Each Zip Line Guide is required to work in a fast paced, physical, social, professional and team oriented work environment. The majority of the work is conducted outdoors in climates from 0 degrees Fahrenheit to 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
Employees may not arrive on duty under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Because this position is a safety sensitive position, employees will be subject to random alcohol and drug testing if it is suspected that an employee is at work under the influence of alcohol or drugs (including misuse of prescription medications).
How to Apply
Interested parties should submit their resume and cover letter to Caitlin Snyder, General Manager of Lake Ziplines & Adventures at [email protected] OR, apply with our online form today! Just click Apply Now below.